Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-07-2023, 02:07 PM)3wt Wrote: He and Reader are where we need to start.  They are very necessary.   Jonah Williams next.   I don't think it will be possible, but that's where I want to start.

Then we need to kill the draft

Would love to bring back Tee, Reader and Jonah. I just don't think we will be able to afford Jonah as he may be the top RT 
in this FA and he may want to play LT still and might still be a little bitter about how we didn't tell him about Orlando. I think
George Fant or Eluemunor are much more likely in FA.

(12-07-2023, 02:24 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: A WR who is tier 3 tier (nfl.com), 91st in receiving yards, 50th in y/c, 57th in yards/game and will not have a 1,000 season is not worth a franchise tag price.

And for those who want to argue he is hurt feel free to use his per game stats and project possible 17 results, and he still is not a top ten WR.

I like Tee but there are too many options (and draft picks) going forward. Keep the money and start building a decent defense. I can see $20 million but a franchise tag is stretching it.

Tee having an injured and poor year only makes what we have to pay him less. We might actually be able to afford a multi year
contract for him now, yah never know. But we have to bring back Chase no matter what, so I would rather Tag Tee and trade him
or just let him test FA. He is banged up a lot, but he is a class act.

I wasn't for bringing him back for big money before this season because we need to keep the trenches strong and keep Chase 
here for the long term more than anything. But there may be a way to have it all for all I know.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-07-2023, 03:32 PM