Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cordell Volson and this offensive line
(12-09-2023, 10:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The Bengals are not unlike the league, 2023 is going to set a record of teams being in shotgun over 70% , I understand the pass/run ratio we are up at tied for top spot at 69% but what I found interesting is 8 of the top 10 teams that threw more than would be expected by an average team in similar situations in down, distance and game situations are in the playoff hunt: KC, Bengals, Vikings, Jags, Cowboys are 4 of the top 5.

also read a interesting stat that more often a successful offense is one that passes more on first down than runs the ball since probability is you will tend to gain min. on average 5 yards.

I am starting to worry less about balance and more at effectiveness especially in three areas: under center (since it is rare now in the NFL not just the bengals) shotgun RPOs and passing on 1st down.

They get so many efficiency numbers that tells them what’s working. It’s beyond some obviously how focused and fine tuned it is. They know who’s blocking well. PFF is like a Schwinn bicycle up against a Lamborghini versus what they get. These guys are in a volatile industry where job security is nil.We are so naive here.

Then throw in the limitations with what Joe wants and the OL deficiencies it’s complicated. I suspect Joe will come back with a vengeance next year and more adaptable. He did adapt to the deep cover 2 that teams threw at us last year eventually.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordell Volson and this offensive line - Soonerpeace - 12-09-2023, 10:38 AM