Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-05-2023, 11:37 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Murphy has a bed red flag attached to him because the FO felt the need to break a trend they set in the preseason and extended an older player in Hendrickson

. I'll admit that Murphy has looked less like a bum since I called him one, but need to see more. I don't like the bad omen we've gotten so far though.

The secondary get a pass until next year, but they're improved week over week; sure.

Andre Yoshivas looks like a struggling receiver. Not a fan of him running incorrect routes like he did a while back. Sixth round guy though and the upside is there.

Jones has shown flashes as a special team player, but hasn't shown himself as a good Boyd replacement, mainly because of an early injury. Jury is still out on him as a receiver.

Revist this thread two years from now.

I think most would say Yoshi has over performed for a sixth round pick. Per Pro Football Reference, he has 5 receptions on 8 targets with 2 TDs with 0 drops in 11 games. He filled in well as the #4 receiver behind Irwin while Tee was out. In addition, he has 3 solo and 1 assisted tackles on special teams. As long as our top three WRs are healthy, his targets will remain limited but he can be a red zone threat and a dependable special teams player.

Is he a future replacement for Tee, definitely not; for Irwin, possibly, depending on what kind of RFA tender they give Irwin next year. Regardless, it appears Yoshi has a bright future with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park - SouthernFan - 12-09-2023, 11:42 PM