Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-11-2023, 03:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It's a small sample size, but the plays that end up being used at the snap have been the best ones I've seen all season in my opinion. Granted it helps having Chase Brown making plays too, he definitely has some wheels. But generally speaking it just looks like a smoother offense with the 'eye test'.

But this offense is currently at a pretty high level without Burrow. And Burrow is a much better QB than Browning, but the offense hasn't dropped off a lot. So what that tells me is maybe there is something the Bengals need to look at to maximize the offense next year with Burrow. Maybe Burrow has too much say in what plays are being called at the los? Is that a fair question to be asked or not? I think it is, because as much of a fan of Joe, I don't know if he is at a big brain Peyton Manning later years level. Anyways just stuff I hope the Bengals coaches consider.

Dropped off?  The past two games they are averaging over 10 points/game more than the season average.

While Joe Burrow certainly merits the freedom to change the call at the line, it shouldn't be a free pass to line up in the same formation and call routes at the line most every play.  At some point he simply must allow the rest of his team to contribute as well.  As that is the key difference in the past two weeks and what was going on up to the point of Joe's wrist injury is that Browning is running the plays as called and now the RBs and TEs have a greater role, and it's paying off in both moving the ball and scoring points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - SunsetBengal - 12-11-2023, 03:32 PM