Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-11-2023, 03:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dropped off?  The past two games they are averaging over 10 points/game more than the season average.

While Joe Burrow certainly merits the freedom to change the call at the line, it shouldn't be a free pass to line up in the same formation and call routes at the line most every play.  At some point he simply must allow the rest of his team to contribute as well.  As that is the key difference in the past two weeks and what was going on up to the point of Joe's wrist injury is that Browning is running the plays as called and now the RBs and TEs have a greater role, and it's paying off in both moving the ball and scoring points.

Yeah what I meant by that is because Burrow is a much better QB (imo), the offense didn't drop off these last two weeks. In theory a drop off at QB should result in a drop off in offensive production, but it hasn't. And as you pointed at, it actually has been better generally speaking. So what gives on this? I have a possible theory that something had to be holding the offense back from its full potential. The problem is we are looking in from the outside. Only the coaches and players there would have a much proper opinion about this than us.

Hopefully the wheels don't come off in the next few games But I think we are a playoff contender myself with the addition of having that dynamic speed addition of Chase Brown along with Browning surpassing expectations. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - Millhouse - 12-11-2023, 04:38 PM