Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-11-2023, 04:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah what I meant by that is because Burrow is a much better QB (imo), the offense didn't drop off these last two weeks. In theory a drop off at QB should result in a drop off in offensive production, but it hasn't. And as you pointed at, it actually has been better generally speaking. So what gives on this? I have a possible theory that something had to be holding the offense back from its full potential. The problem is we are looking in from the outside. Only the coaches and players there would have a much proper opinion about this than us.

If you look at the plays ran, and go off of the assumption that the vast majority are the ones initially called from the sidelines, it looks similar to the plan they executed at San Francisco.  It's possible that the coaching staff had also notice what we had all been noticing about the offense being too predictable and producing stale results.  I know that some around here like to think that they don't know what they are doing, but they are highly paid professionals for a reason, and we're just fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - SunsetBengal - 12-11-2023, 05:20 PM