Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shotgun vs. Under Center and our effectiveness
(12-11-2023, 04:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: The run game honestly underwhelmed in this one.  Mixon only averaged 3.8 ypc and Brown 3.1.  

Folks are also looking at the total number of carries and not looking at situations.  We ran the ball 12 times after taking a 28-14 lead late in the third.  Well, that makes sense.  We're trying to chew clock late with a multi-possession lead.  Before that point, 8 of our runs came inside the Colts' 10.  Mixon literally got stuffed on 3 out of 4 attempts from inside the Colts' 2 yard line.  So we ran 8 times trying to punch it in in goal to go situations and the only reason we ran it that much was our goal line package struggled.

I was expecting a bit more out of the run game. But Mixon was averaging just over 4 before the end of the game. He didn't fall below until the end and as you said he had several goal line runs that weren't terribly effective hurting his ypc. That's why I'm a little suspect of those stats at times. But I would agree that it underwhelmed due to the fact that the Colts are not very good at stopping the run. But if you force teams to actively focus on stopping the run and hit them early and often. Then you just open it up for Jake the snake to take them to Brown town or whatever they said in the locker room after the game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shotgun vs. Under Center and our effectiveness - NUGDUKWE - 12-11-2023, 06:01 PM