Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-11-2023, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow went down and Browning came in, and the team has put up over 30 points in each of the last two weeks. The running game is now seemingly working, although neither Jax nor Indy are particularly good against the run. Some people are saying they changed the scheme (they didn't). Browning is definitely not better, or even in the same category, with Burrow. So, what is it?

Notice when Browning went out with this thumb cramp, what did McCarron do? He came in and threw a touchdown pass to Higgins.

The simple fact of the matter is really just that Zac and Duke have put together a really good football team from the top of the roster to the bottom. Vets are out there hustling and not mailing it in, rookies are playing their asses off and shining. The team supports each other and no personality clashes, no divas, no drama. Heck, DJ Turner was wearing neon green cleats that supported Mike Thomas' charity during the "My cleats, my cause" game. This is just a really good football team that is really well coached. They are going to be good for a long time with as young as they are.

This team is definitely playing at another level now all across the board. For whatever reason we have been about the best team in 
December under Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo, last I heard 10-0 over the last few years. The OL has been blocking so much better 
which has helped Browning run the Offense, more under Center play from the QB is helping the Offense and the running game, the
Defense the last two games has been much better stopping the run.

The young players and first timers have bought in and are playing great. Chase Brown, Hudson on Offense, Jordan Battle, DJ Turner, 
Ivey, Murphy, all played very good against the Colts. What I wanted to see was the veterans play better on Defense, namely the LB's
and both Pratt and Wilson did just that. Chido is looking much better etc.

Nice thread Sled. You were the first to truly buy into Zac Taylor and you have been correct. Hopefully we win out and get into the 
Playoffs, if we do, this team is extremely dangerous if what we are seeing continues....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-11-2023, 09:12 PM