Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remaining Games Prediction And Playoff Chances
(12-11-2023, 09:23 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: While the tiebreakers aren't generally in our favour, people are only looking at conference record when they say that. We're forgetting we have H2H wins over 3 of the teams currently in this mix.

We want the Texans to win the AFC South. That removes that bad tiebreaker. I think the Texans are quite likely to have the division lead after next week.

Cleveland... tbh forget about them, I think they're going to be in.

Pittsburgh... well if we go 10-7, it's likely in part due to winning in PIT. If we win there, I doubt the Steelers go 3-0 against the Colts/Seahawks/Ravens. Not impossible, but I think if we beat them, 10-7 would finish above them.

Indy... I just don't think are that good, and won't get to 10 wins.

Houston... I think they might be trouble for us if they don't win their division.

Denver are certainly a potential party pooper for us.

Buffalo... if we get to 10-7, they'd need to win out to have a better record. They won't win out imo.

I know H2H isn't the only thing in play, but honestly I think if we get to 10-7 the teams most likely there at 10-7 too are the Jags/Bills... both of whom we beat. The major caveat is Denver, who seem to be rolling. 
I know we looked not so good in the beginning, but Denver was looking gawd awful! Let's hope they stub a big toe down the stretch!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaining Games Prediction And Playoff Chances - sandwedge - 12-11-2023, 09:27 PM