Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-11-2023, 10:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Emmitt Smith averaged 4.4 through his age 27 season, which is where Mixon is currently at in his career.

Emmitt Smith was .5 higher than the league average of that time of 3.9. 
Mixon's 4.1 is .2 LOWER than the league average of 4.3 of that time.

I get it. Maybe this is where the disconnect is. People in support of Mixon are concerned about winning football and say 4 ypc is good for a back as concerned about winning football. The people saying 4 ypc isn't good enough are more concerned with how that stacks up to the rest of the league to determine if that is good. Which I'm not saying is wrong but and I've said we need to get more dynamic at RB in the near future. But when looked at thru the lense of winning football 4ypc is good. Look at this last game. We didn't run great our ypc at the end wasn't good of 3.5 ypc. But it was still a winning formula. I think it really hinges on that 4 ypc mark as Mixon was right there until the end and really only fell off running late. The only thing we were missing was Browns explosive runs if we would've had any of those we really would've blown it up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - NUGDUKWE - 12-11-2023, 10:51 PM