Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-12-2023, 12:17 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I didn't say one group didn't care about winning or if I worded that way I didn't mean to. I was saying one group is basing they're judgement on 4 ypc based on winning games. The other group is comparing is basing it off of how it compares to the rest of the league. Of course if you average 5 ypc that's better and should put you into position to win games. I think your analogy is a little off 4 ypc does not equal a 59 passes rating.

I know we are talking about rushing. But it is funny that in the under appreciated thread you throw out Browning stats saying how amazing they are 112 passer rating 11 yds per attempt. He has been good and more than efficient. But he threw for 275yds. 126 of said yds went to the running backs on throws at the line of scrimmage. This is why I think things don't always boil down to stats. They're are more things going on within the game.

I'm not sure how else I was possibly supposed to take you saying "people in support of Mixon are concerned about winning football" and the others are "more concerned with how that stacks up with the rest of the league". Those are literal word-for-word quotes from your post.

My analogy wasn't supposed to be that 4 ypc equals at 59 passing rating, it was to point out that you deciding on static arbitrary number is dumb. The best you can do as an individual player is be better than your peers and that will help your team win.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - TheLeonardLeap - 12-12-2023, 02:51 AM