Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-12-2023, 10:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Which is all fine and dandy except: they did

We ran the ball (RB) carries 28 X vs. Jacksonville and 29 X vs. Colts. I'm not going thru the whole season but there were many games this season the RB's didn't even reach 15 carries.

We were under center A LOT more, running more play action and just on and on. I'm not saying they rewrote the entire playbook. But to say there's not a different cadence to play calling, not a different scheme and so on just isn't true. 

In the Pittsburgh game they basically stuck with the Burrow offense, it didn't work. So they realized they had to change to fit Browning. And they've done a good job.

I can tell you this and I know it to be fact. Not speculation nor reading it on the internet. They look at efficiency. With Joe they often times were not confident in the run game but more confident in him in the short passing game and Chase. They knew a lot would go for short yardage to Chase but positive yards and the threat of him breaking it. Just with Joe’s accuracy versus the OL run blocking. What changed is they had no choice but go to the run game with Jake. And they’ve delivered
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - Soonerpeace - 12-12-2023, 10:58 AM