Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-12-2023, 02:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not sure how else I was possibly supposed to take you saying "people in support of Mixon are concerned about winning football" and the others are "more concerned with how that stacks up with the rest of the league". Those are literal word-for-word quotes from your post.

My analogy wasn't supposed to be that 4 ypc equals at 59 passing rating, it was to point out that you deciding on static arbitrary number is dumb. The best you can do as an individual player is be better than your peers and that will help your team win.

Again didn't mean for it to come off that way but I do get a little more heated than I should talking about Bengals players at times. 
This will probably be my final point on Mixon and the 4 ypc. I'm not much of a stat guy and honestly my view of 4 ypc comes from fantasy football. Which can seem silly but has real world implications. If you are looking for a back that 4 ypc is what you want to see. If it's better great but that is the mark. A running back that is used and has 4ypc or better can get you points that directly relate to helping his team be successful. The reason I stick with Mixon even when at times he doesn't look good is because we've seen it before. I know I've made the point 100 times already. But 2019 he went from probably the worst RB 1st half of the season( he had a 10 carry 2 yd game) to literally the 2nd back in the league in the 2nd half. What changed? It wasn't personnel was it execution that seems to be quite a bit. So it seems to be scheme. So say what you want now about Mixon getting long in the tooth losing a step and perhaps your right. But there shouldn't be any arguing looking back that we wasted talent and certainly hurt his career ypc on a side note. So when he struggles there is always that question to me of what is the cause of the struggles. Then add to it that Mixon has always had great energy and never once do I remember him blaming anyone for his lack of production at times. Which doesn't raise you up as a runningback but when it comes to giving you the benefit of the doubt or not it makes me want to lean your way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - NUGDUKWE - 12-12-2023, 11:33 AM