Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-12-2023, 02:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The topic is why is Joe Mixon under appreciated.  I gave my opinion as it being because he often has complete streaks of games where he is virtually ineffective.  Not sure why you want to turn it into some Joe Mixon apologist tribute by deflecting his shortcomings as being the fault of his teammates, but ok.  Carry on..

You're accusing me of deflecting . . . That's hilarious. I gave my opinion that it's been the fault of the worst position group on the team for the last few years more than Mixon's fault. This is a team sport and it's not like you're ever on here defending the great work of Frank Pollack.

My main defense of Mixon the last couple of weeks is from reading all of these posts and stat geeks sound exactly like the posters that wanted Rudi run out of town while he was setting team records. ''Doesn't have that extra burst'' or ''Never breaks the big one'' or ''isn't one of the top RBs''. Everybody was soooo excited to have Chris Perry as the starter because he could hit the hole much faster. Yeah, that worked out great 

Now, a guy that has barely played due to injury should replace Mixon behind a below average o-line. The same guy that, early in the 4th quarter of the Jags game, took the ball out of Jake Browning's hands on an RPO by mistake because he doesn't quite know the system. He didn't take a snap again until OT when they knew that they were going to run. Other than that, it was Traveon spelling Mixon.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-12-2023, 03:29 PM