Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-12-2023, 04:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I would say it's because of a couple of reasons. He has already hit his 'ceiling' so to speak to many out there. He also has been the primary back since he was drafted, and folks are ready to move on or phase someone else in more & more due to his 'ceiling' as he is not a home run hitter.

Personally I am in that camp myself, but I don't think he is bad or anything like that. He is a good running back. But I'm just ready for a change of scenery. Hopefully Chase Brown with that speed continues to grow and take that mantle next year.

Anyways just my two cents.

I agree that he has hit his ceiling and, like you, I want to see more of Chase Brown and I'm excited about him next year.

Having said that, I have been impressed with Mixon this year because he has been running hard and running downhill, as opposed to recent years when it felt like he was trying to be too cute and dancing too much.

Now, it feels like, even if he doesn't start off at full speed, he picks his spot quickly and, when he does, he runs hard the rest of the play.

I realize that his yards per carry aren't as high as his second and third years in the league, but that could be for a number of reasons.

I do think that this could be his last hoorah and, like you, I've been impressed with Brown in his limited time and I'd like to see more of him.

At least for the rest of this season, if Mixon keeps running hard, I like him as our main back with Brown offering a change-of-pace and fresh legs that the defense isn't ready for.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - BFritz21 - 12-12-2023, 05:37 PM