Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-12-2023, 08:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is Mixon bad streaks you describe because we may have been too pass heavy? Was he playing 100% healthy or nicked up?

It's really very simple, he does not play up to expectations nearly as often as he should.  Him having a 'good' game, given the raw material of himself and his demonstrated ability, is the expectation and should not be the 'surprise' when it happens.  All too often, sometimes for several games in a row, his performance is well below what should be expected from a player of his perceived caliber.

Sure, there are instances where a play gets blown up or the opposing defense just made a really good play, but we're talking about a consistent pattern of underperforming.  We've all seen plenty of plays where he takes the handoff and then attempts to pick and choose his spots, rather than hitting the first hole and taking it for all that it's worth.  On outside runs where it's obvious that he's not getting to the edge, he continues to string the play towards the sideline, rather than simply cutting up any of the two or three lanes that were there for the taking.

I don't pay for any of the advanced statistical services, but thankfully some other board members do and have provided some specific examples in this very thread.  The data that they have provided is showing that not only does he not gain yardage that the line has already blocked open for him, but he has one of the lower yards after contact averages in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - SunsetBengal - 12-13-2023, 09:37 AM