Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-12-2023, 12:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

I'm with you, I don't get what the goal is of claiming the offense hasn't changed?? When it's as obvious as the nose on your face - IT'S DIFFERENT

Spin it if you want for whatever unknown reasons?? But we haven't been calling the same plays with the same game plan we would have with Joe Burrow. 

Absolutely full stop that they nestled down in the basement of the offices at Paycor and hatched an offense that was different. What they did do is want to use parts they’ve got away from because Joe didn’t like them. Make no mistake they’ve adapted the offense to Joe. As far as things that are different they went to man blocking vs zone blocking. Mixon does better when he knows where he’s going. The interior line is better at man blocking and it shows. They’ve dropped the reliance on the short passing game with Joe because his accuracy made it more efficient when the run game couldn’t do squat. Jake likes the TE and they’ve used more TE plays as Joe likes to push it to his wideouts. They are using the shotgun less because Jake is comfortable turning his back on the defense Joe hates it. So yes they are doing more of that. And the NFL is slowly adapting to the offense under Jake. Everybody is over thinking all this. The team is playing much much better on both sides of the ball. Had Joe had no sacks and only 3 pressures he’d lit the Colts up too. The Colts aren’t very good . Had they run that screen with Chase Brown with Joe they’d scored. They’ve run that screen a thousand times.

They’ve run the Chase TD pass a thousand times. The 2 TD’s by Joe Mixon are in every playbook from 8th grade football. They’ve sat down with Jake and asked him what he wanted. After Pitt they went to more protection so he wouldn’t have to worry about calling the protections. That made a huge difference. Troy Aikman said it a 100 times on the Jags telecast. I’m sure in their sit down they told him that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - Soonerpeace - 12-14-2023, 10:08 AM