Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-14-2023, 03:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: See but here's the problem. 2019 is when Zac Taylor got here. Not trying to blame everything on Taylor here. But as I've said we just don't emphasize the run with Taylor. Ask yourself if you were a first year head coach taking over the Bengals in 2019 what do you think you would try to utilize with a quick glance at that 2018 stat. Then add in AJ Green gets hurt in training camp. But you come into the 1st game and still have Dalton throw it 51 times and have Mixon run it 6 times (literally) and lose 21-20. Then we continue that year and Mixon is the worst he's ever been here in the first half had 4 games where he gained 10,17,17, and 2 yards. Then during the 2nd half of the season he was literally the 2nd best back in the league behind only Derrick Henry. This again is why I'm just not so sure what the culprit is in Mixons struggles. I know it's been multiple years and now Mixon is getting older so it's easy to point to the continued trend. But we keep trying to change the scheme to a wide zone we never make strong efforts to improve the run game especially since Burrow has been here. 

Nothing in this post has anything to do with RYOE. It's a stat that takes play design, defense formation, and player tracking to measure how many yards a RB creates for himself. For his career Mixon has pretty much gotten what's blocked for him and that's all.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - Synric - 12-14-2023, 03:35 PM