Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated?
(12-14-2023, 03:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Nothing in this post has anything to do with RYOE. It's a stat that takes play design, defense formation, and player tracking to measure how many yards a RB creates for himself. For his career Mixon has pretty much gotten what's blocked for him and that's all.

Does anyone think some of these stats can be convoluted? I mean does some just look up the productivity of a back and then make up a stat that appears to show the wanted result. I guess you could look at a wide zone play look at the defensive formation and say it should go x amount of yards. But not take into account that the blockers or running back don't fit well in the wide zone. 

A other stat someone threw out that had me wondering. They said Mixons yards before contact has continued to go up but his yards after contact have continued to go down and this shows his regression. Which not saying he hasn't regressed with age. But does the percentage of shotgun runs going up account for this? I'm just wondering on the yards before contact part as this seems to not only fit but I don't feel watching Bengals games that he has any kind of increase of yards before contact. The yards after I'm sure he has dropped some with age but still seems like a very murky stat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Joe Mixon under appreciated? - NUGDUKWE - 12-14-2023, 03:49 PM