Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama to announce new executive orders on gun control
(01-02-2016, 10:11 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: What does it say shall be well regulated? Oh that's right, the militia. It then goes on the say the rright of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

The amendment states that the right to keep and bare arms shall not b infringed because a well regulated militia is necessary. Of course, this was in a time before we had a standing army and our founders saw the creation of such as a threat to our liberty. But, if we are to consider the armed citizenry a militia, as the amendment does appear to, then that means it can be regulated.

(01-02-2016, 10:11 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Do you need a permit to assemble your friends at your house for a party? No you dont, so why do I need a permit to keep a gun at my house?

Furthermore in Murdock v Pennsylvania the SCOTUS says that the states can not take a right and make it a privilege by forcing a person to pay for a permit.

Not making someone pay for a permit, but it does not say that they cannot require a permit to own one. Much like voter ID laws. Requiring an ID is fine, so long as it is one that can be acquired free of charge. And did I miss any one here saying there should be a required permit to own one?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama to announce new executive orders on gun control - Belsnickel - 01-02-2016, 12:14 PM