Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The argument of "Playoff Teams"
(01-02-2016, 02:10 AM)GodFather Wrote: It always starts from the top and works its way down. Look at Marvin, his losses with different players and OC/DC.... the result is always the same under him.

The important thing is the losses are ALWAYS in the same fashion. Will it change this year? I don't know if you put your hand on a hot stove 6 times and burn yourself, do you think you won't on the 7th try?

Do you think Marvin gives up after this season?  Whether the Bengals run the table (he more or less said he would be done) or lose in the first round again (he more or less SHOULD be done), this should be his last season, right?  The only other condition would be  if we win the WC round but lose the next game.  I can see him returning due to the reason of "unfinished business".  Unfortunately, that could open the door for another vicious cycle.  The Bengals always seem to come out flat after halftime when they have a lead, especially in the big games.  

He's done a real good job of keeping the Bengals competitive over the years, but I think it's just time to try something different.  We do have 2nd longest streak of consecutive playoff losses (7) where Marvin has been there for 6 of them.  Just because you're not favored in the playoffs, doesn't mean you can't win either.  Upsets happen all the time in the playoffs.  Many say that we didn't belong in all those playoff games, but we had just as much right to be there as anyone else.  I think it's sort of a cop-out.

What are our options?  Well, we can't get Zimmer back, so I'd say promote Hue, send MB to a nice retirement home in Florida and promote Marvin to GM.  We know that won't happen but we can still wish upon a star can't we?

Here's a link to an article from 2010 I believe, that shows recent playoff underdogs who overcame the odds.  
http://www.betus.com.pa/sports-betting/nfl-football/articles/nfl-history-of-playoff-underdogs/
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The argument of "Playoff Teams" - 2MinutesHate - 01-02-2016, 01:05 PM