Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(12-16-2023, 07:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think there are some valid complaints today. Early on, I would've really liked to see Zac leaning on the running game a bit more. Even if it was only getting three yards on first down, just something to give Browning a little breathing room. He was struggling with handling the pressure and getting knocked out of his rhythm which was putting them behind the sticks. Also, the plays with Sample in the backfield on third and short are frustrating because the defense knows he isn't going to get the ball. 

Today would have been a day where I thought was a good opportunity to keep Browning involved in the RPO game and let him run off of playaction often. Third and short, let him run bootlegs and get him on the edge without clogged throwing lanes so he can make a quick decision of dishing it or scrambling. This isn't said from a place of "Zac is just awful" but just some general complaints that I had where I think it could have made the game a bit smoother. 

I mentioned how the defense was playing Drew Sample as the 3rd down RB in short yardage in discord. I also want to point out the few times they lined the RB up at H-Back as a blocker pre-snap on 2nd down too. I wish they would have taken those opportunities to rush into the blitz on 2nd and medium instead of announcing hey rush my backup QB please pre-snap
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Synric - 12-16-2023, 07:10 PM