Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The argument of "Playoff Teams"
(01-02-2016, 02:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And if they are truly that bad, then they should have zero wins, but that has happened only once in a 16 game season, just as there has been only one team to get through 16 games without a loss.

Yes, there are teams who are on the top end of the spectrum of overall talent of the players and coaches, as well as teams on the bottom end of the spectrum.  But, as has already been stated, the spectrum isn't very wide in the NFL.  If it could be quantified, the spectrum would be a mile long in high school, a few hundered yards long in college, and only one  foot long in the NFL.

While I understand what you're saying I have to say I disagree. If the Bengals went 3-12 like the Browns are right now I highly doubt you'd be saying that the Bengals aren't a bad team. A team doesn't have to go 0-16 to be bad. Going winless in a season is actually very unlikely to happen in almost any sport because there are always other teams that are just as bad and one of them has to win regardless of who's worse.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The argument of "Playoff Teams" - Matt_Crimson - 01-02-2016, 02:52 PM