Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the Most Exciting games in recent memory?
(12-17-2023, 08:42 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: People who try to gatekeep fandom are worse than fans who get overly irrational during the game. When you’re emotionally invested like 75% of sports fans are, you’re going to overrreact both positively and negatively. If that’s not your jam, watch the game by yourself. That thread is a venting machine.

I typically post there because I know I’m talking to people who understand my thoughts and feelings about it as opposed to most of my family who don’t get as invested in the games except my dad.

Agree with this as well. I'll never understand why anyone goes into the GDT and expects rationalism. Obviously some of the posts in the GDT's when things are going wrong are absolute nonsense, but it's middle of the game and emotions go crazy. It's a venting machine like you say.  

I promise you, the GDT's here are VERY typical of the GDT's in other sports I follow, and are very often far more reasonable. In the Premier League (soccer), every manager would've been sacked after game 2 and had their family homes bulldozed, if you listen to what fans say mid-game. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of the Most Exciting games in recent memory? - TheCincinnatiKid - 12-17-2023, 09:28 AM