Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson
(12-17-2023, 10:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I actually do wonder if he was trying to be much more deliberate with maintaining the edge and that impacted his rushing last year. Remember that while the Bengals had a good run defense, Hendrickson only had 8 sacks last year and now he's at 15 this year while also almost doubled his missed tackle %.

Atkins was doing it against 2 OL and sometimes 2 OL + 1 RB, which is why it was so impressive, but also why he'd go a bit quiet at times even though that meant he was opening up everything for everyone else.

Hendrickson is still a hell of a pass rusher, though, and he's really on quite a run of sacks this year, only having 2 games this year where he's not recorded at least a half sack. That's real nice consistency. I just also know that outside of sacks he's only made 2 solo tackles and 1 assissted tackle over the last 5 games. It's largely sack or bust.

(Also just saw that Twatt retook the sack lead for now, blech.)

I guess I'd be more worried about Hendrickson's tackling and run defense if teams were clearly running at him and he was the reason we were getting steamrolled. I just haven't seen that.

Does Hendrickson not get doubled? Did Atkins never get singled?

Tbh, we're splitting hairs. They're both fantastic HOF caliber players. If Hendrickson hadn't gotten such a late start and wasn't already pushing 30, I think he'd be a shoe in HOF'er.

Geno is on the cusp. I think he should get in, but he did kinda fizzle at the end, which worries me. Especially with him being a Bengal. 

I personally would put him in, no question. One of the best pass rushing DT's of all-time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2023, 03:39 PM