Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson
(12-17-2023, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess I'd be more worried about Hendrickson's tackling and run defense if teams were clearly running at him and he was the reason we were getting steamrolled. I just haven't seen that.

Does Hendrickson not get doubled? Did Atkins never get singled?

Tbh, we're splitting hairs. They're both fantastic HOF caliber players. If Hendrickson hadn't gotten such a late start and wasn't already pushing 30, I think he'd be a shoe in HOF'er.

Geno is on the cusp. I think he should get in, but he did kinda fizzle at the end, which worries me. Especially with him being a Bengal. 

I personally would put him in, no question. One of the best pass rushing DT's of all-time.

Ehhh... realistically Hendrickson doesn't stand a chance at being a HoF. The late start made it a long shot at best, and being the 3rd best pass rusher in his own division is the coffin nail. Can't get an All-Pro or All-Decade team nod while behind Twatt and Myles, and making it into the Hall with zero All-Pros is tough.

I think Atkins got solidified as a choice when he made the All-Decade team as apparently that's weighted pretty heavily by voters. 8+ Pro Bowls (I think that's also considered a pretty big threshold of accumulation for those), multiple 1st Teamm All-Pros, and an All Decade Team is pretty much a guarantee that you'll make it in eventually.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson - TheLeonardLeap - 12-17-2023, 05:16 PM