Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson
(12-17-2023, 05:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhh... realistically Hendrickson doesn't stand a chance at being a HoF. The late start made it a long shot at best, and being the 3rd best pass rusher in his own division is the coffin nail. Can't get an All-Pro or All-Decade team nod while behind Twatt and Myles, and making it into the Hall with zero All-Pros is tough.

I think Atkins got solidified as a choice when he made the All-Decade team as apparently that's weighted pretty heavily by voters. 8+ Pro Bowls (I think that's also considered a pretty big threshold of accumulation for those), multiple 1st Teamm All-Pros, and an All Decade Team is pretty much a guarantee that you'll make it in eventually.

Hence why I said if Hendrickson hadn't gotten such a late start. A guy who posts 12 to 15+ sacks every year gets in, regardless of all-pro's, if he has the cumulative stats that Hendrickson obviously won't have.

He also has a Super Bowl on his resume and balled out in the playoffs, unlike Geno, although I don't put that on Geno at all. More of a Marvin Lewis thing.

I do think Atkins gets in, although it won't be first ballot and probably not 2nd ballot. Our recent success will help him as well. Keeps attention on the franchise as well as our former players.

A couple more solid seasons probably would've made Geno get in quicker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2023, 11:28 PM