Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The argument of "Playoff Teams"
(01-02-2016, 12:16 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: How am I totally missing it? The Bengals loss to the Texans this season was BAD, plain and simple. I'm not saying good teams can't lose to bad teams, I'm saying the Bengals absolutely chocked in that game because we played bad not because the Texans were good. People want to say we lost to the Texans because "They are a playoff team" when that didn't even matter at that point because it was only week 10, nor does it matter now. 

The Bengals were 8-0 and the Texans were 3-5. We came into the game averaging 28 points a game, which is equivalent to 4 touchdowns a game. The Texans came into the game with opposing teams scoring an average of 25 points a game on them, which is equivalent to at least three touchdowns a game. We were at home, they were not. We were ranked 2nd in Power Rankings that week, they were ranked 27th. They lost their starting quarterback in the 3rd quarter, we had ours the entire game. They came into the game with the worst red zone defense in the AFC and somehow all we scored were two field goals on them. If you can't see how that was a bad loss I don't know what to tell you. Oh and I know I already said it, but I'll say it again. We were at home.

The point you are missing is the Bengals are no different than Patriots, Steelers, Jets, KC, etc.. they have all lost to a team they should have beat.. what the hell are power rankings ?? a piece of paper.. the Ravens were ranked in top 10 when they were like 1-3.. who cares about power rankings.. the power is who is able over  16 GAME SEASON. win the most games.. the Bengals are headed for 12-4 hopefully.. the Steelers could go 10-6 and not make the playoffss.. why  they lost twice to the Ravens..  you guys act like lossing to the Texans is worse than other bad losses.. ie NE to Philly or Pitt to Baltimore.. etc.. makes no sense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The argument of "Playoff Teams" - Essex Johnson - 01-02-2016, 09:39 PM