Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The argument of "Playoff Teams"
(01-02-2016, 09:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The point you are missing is the Bengals are no different than Patriots, Steelers, Jets, KC, etc.. they have all lost to a team they should have beat.. what the hell are power rankings ?? a piece of paper.. the Ravens were ranked in top 10 when they were like 1-3.. who cares about power rankings.. the power is who is able over  16 GAME SEASON. win the most games.. the Bengals are headed for 12-4 hopefully.. the Steelers could go 10-6 and not make the playoffss.. why  they lost twice to the Ravens..  you guys act like lossing to the Texans is worse than other bad losses.. ie NE to Philly or Pitt to Baltimore.. etc.. makes no sense.

First of all, I never said the Bengals losing to the Texans is worse than other teams losing to teams they should beat. I said the Bengals loss to the Texans was bad for reasons I stated above which you seemed to completely ignore besides the Power Ranking stat. People are trying to say the Texans loss wasn't that bad because "They're a playoff team" when that argument holds very little weight. If you want to sit here and act like the Patriots losing to the Eagles or Pittsburgh losing to Baltimore was as bad as the Bengals losing to the Texans, then please present some facts to back up your claims.

Even if those losses were just as bad, you're still completely missing the point. Again, I never said good teams can't lose to bad teams, or that the Bengals loss was worse than other teams losses against bad teams. What I'm taking issue with is the fact that people want to act like the loss wasn't bad because "They're a playoff team" or because "Other good teams have lost to bad teams" when none of that nullifies the fact that we had a bad loss to a bad team. Instead of trying to cover up bad losses by saying things like "That team is a playoff team" or "Other good teams have bad losses" people should just own up to the fact that when we play like that we can never win a game against any team whether they're good or bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The argument of "Playoff Teams" - Matt_Crimson - 01-02-2016, 10:18 PM