Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Rudy Guiliani defamation cost him $148 million
(12-20-2023, 11:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: Don't mean to be feisty, but the last argument is one I'd rather shy away from. For it is the same type of argument that was rather enraging when Trump defendants used it. 'So, he did something bad you say, meh whatever. You would critizise him whatever he does anyway, so what gives'. For this case, it's not about any amount being too much anyway. 148 million dollars just appears like an obscene, irrational sum, even more so in comparison to other cases. And one does not have to like Trump or Rudy to reach that conclusion. Imho, it's rather water on the mills for those who believe these verdicts are given by anti-Trump partisans rather than independent servants of the law. And it sure really appears that way and imho, that is actually a problem.

That's fine. What I'm trying to get across is the people who support P01135809 blindly feel everything done to him and the people who support him (even people arrested for their part in Jan 6) are simply being attacked because of P01135809/politics.  "It's a witch hunt!" so to speak.

There may be a minority who simply feel that amount is "too much" so maybe saying "half" is too lazy a way of stating what I just said...but the largest majority of those opposed to the amount are also against the conviction because of politics.  

Rudy is the second largest individual amount according to this article:

https://pressgazette.co.uk/media_law/bigger-libel-payouts/

The rest are businesses.  Most of those were settled without a judgement.

Jones is by far the largest but there is also a larger group being paid.

So, again, what is the "right" amount?  No one knows.  This is what was determined this time.  Clearly they are using this as an example to try and deter others from doing the same.  And I personally think it is more because the case involved election integrity. Something our country should be very clear on defending.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rudy Guiliani defamation cost him $148 million - GMDino - 12-21-2023, 10:41 AM