Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ESPN Simulation: Bengals lose next 3, end 8-9
I still think you guys are talking about media heads at ESPN and not software. I don't think those media heads are smart enough to provide any input on the algorithms used for prediction. I'm not saying they are right or wrong but Vegas is using algorithms to screw most people out of money, there isn't any talking head involved.

OP's first sentence said: "2022 predicted correctly the 7 AFC playoff teams.". Could just be beginner's luck lol, but the 2022 season's last 3 weeks was probably not as cluttered as the 2023 season.

It also doesn't have enough data on Jake Browning to predict properly, probably. And it definitely has no data on Browning without Ja'marr.

Does anyone have any simulation software they do trust? Who else is simulating games other than Vegas? If Vegas didn't trust their simulations would they even exist as a gambling institution? Lol. I guess the purpose of simulation is to err on the side of 51% or higher in being correct. If we could predict, I'd be Biff Tannen.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Simulation: Bengals lose next 3, end 8-9 - reuben.ahmed - 12-22-2023, 09:31 AM
RE: ESPN Simulation: Bengals lose next 3, end 8-9 - IcoHolic - 12-22-2023, 05:20 PM