Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ESPN Simulation: Bengals lose next 3, end 8-9
(12-22-2023, 12:04 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm sure Mixon could've missed some blocks but he has been better in that regard but I saw both him and trayveon had good pass blocking snaps against Minnesota. I saw Chase Brown appeared to really struggle in this game not sure exactly why? Maybe just struggling knowing who he had to pick up and not getting into position.

I genuinely don't think Mixon has improved. Something JTO mentioned in his video was an instance where Mixon blocked wide left and pressure came directly up the middle, which should have been Mixon's guy. I don't know about you, but I am not picking that up live in the game, especially if Mixon does block someone out on the edge. I would assume a G made a mistake. I think there are instances that we are likely missing where Mixon has a brain fart and we simply aren't picking it up. We just see him hitting someone and say "hell yeah" without realizing it could very well be the wrong guy entirely. 

I'm not a PFF grades guy, but for reference, Mixon currently has the lowest pass blocking grade of his career. Take that for what it is worth in line with JTO's comments. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Simulation: Bengals lose next 3, end 8-9 - KillerGoose - 12-22-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: ESPN Simulation: Bengals lose next 3, end 8-9 - IcoHolic - 12-22-2023, 05:20 PM