Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
(01-03-2016, 12:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I don't think playoff wins are necessary for Mike Brown to justify (in his mind) keeping Marvin. 

I've seen him defend Marv's track record after 2010, when Marv had a career losing record (60-67-1, also 0-2 in playoffs) and was coming off a season with high expectations that ended with 10 straight losses. If Mike Brown would defend (almost brag about) those types of results, there's no way he's going to fire Marv after 5 straight playoff trips, even with his playoff record at 0-7. 

Dalton's injury would just be how they'd excuse the playoff loss to fans. Heck, Hobspin probably already has a piece ready to go.

Up until Dalton's injury, I had a hunch Marvin would walk away after this year. Win the Super Bowl, and go out on top. Fail with the best team he's fielded, and it wouldn't be all that surprising (to me) that he would hand the reins over to someone who might succeed while the team is relatively still intact. Just a hunch though, based on nothing specifically.

BUT with Dalton's injury, and we don't win out, Marvin will likely want one more shot at it with a healthy Dalton next year. Might also depend on how he thinks next year's team would shake out. Another factor might be how bad the team wants to keep Hue in the organization, assuming he draws a lot of attention for a HC position somewhere else, along with how many other coaches we might lose in the off season. The situation could become volatile, becoming more of a challenge than Marvin would want after 13 years. Priorities do change as one approaches 60.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron - wildcats forever - 01-03-2016, 03:33 AM