Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best football you’ve seen play?
(12-23-2023, 06:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All time best player I have ever seen was Barry Sanders. No other back was like him. The other team knew he was getting the ball and he would still produce. Watching him make guys miss the moment he got the hand off and then breaking free was just wild to witness.

The only other guy I can think of was Bo Jackson before his injury. Dude was just built different, if he doesn't get hurt he would have broken every rushing record around.

I don't think he would have, no. However, that shouldn't diminish his legacy. He was already 28 when he got hurt and only had 2,700 career rushing yards in four seasons. The Raiders had Marcus Allen at the time and they didn't run a guy as a bellcow, splitting between Jackson and Allen. Jackson was too old to challenge any career rushing records and he wasn't getting the volume necessary. His final season was also Emmitt's first season. He didn't have a chance. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the best football you’ve seen play? - KillerGoose - 12-23-2023, 11:32 AM