Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best football you’ve seen play?
(12-23-2023, 11:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, he was before my time, too. I am 31. However, I have gone back and watched several of his games. He was undoubtedly a great running back. However, he started late (rookie at 25) and wasn't THE guy during his career. Marcus Allen was. Marcus is a Hall of Famer, so it is hard to pin that on Bo but yeah, his production doesn't come anywhere close to matching his legacy. 

His legacy, IMO, was as potentially the best athlete ever. He has an argument there depending on how you want to look at it. He was both a productive MLB player and NFL player. When you watch him, you can see he was that dude, but when people start trying to say he was the greatest ever or that he would have broken all the rushing records I think it is awfully misplaced. 

Right maybe in a different timeline Bo was the greatest... but "best athlete" to me is a joke.  All about production in my eyes.

Literally First Take had a debate yesterday on Moss vs. Jerry Rice.  Sure Moss as an athlete was hands down better than Jerry. But check the stats and Jerry still blows Moss out the water.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the best football you’ve seen play? - QueenCity - 12-23-2023, 01:32 PM