Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(12-24-2023, 11:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This season has absolutely sucked for so many reasons.

The Burrow calf injury. Sucking to start the year. Then Joe getting and healthy and the Bengals being good. Then Burrow getting injured and out for the year. Then sucking again. Then being good again with Browning. And then finally sucking again and riding the Jake Browning roller coaster a long the way.

Not to mention three of our best players getting severely injured a long the way.

I'm just tired. This has been an awful, awful season and I'm just ready for it to be over. I can't even say it's been fun.

This was supposed to be a Super Bowl year and it's been one of my least favorite seasons in recent memory.

I'm tired of being tormented. Just put me down.

I don't think anyone would classify me as a negative nancy or a guy who always claims the sky is falling. WTS, so far, this is nothing different than Bengals fans have been seeing for decades. The team gets a QB/HC that gets them to the playoffs, even to a SB every few decades, but can't finish the job.

So far what has happened with Burrow is absolutely no different than what happened with any other Bengals QB. He came in with a lot of hype, like Palmer and so far he's missed 6+ games in 2 of his 4 seasons, never had a healthy TC and made it to and lost a SB. His career is falling right in line with how the typical 'good qb' story goes for the Bengals. Lots of promise, falls just short, unfulfilled potential, what could have been. 

Could it change this time? Sure, the future hasn't happened yet. Will it? I don't know. It's following the exact same path as many who came before him. 

And just to make your day even better...remember my thread about how if a HC/QB combo doesn't win a SB within their first 5 years together, they don't win one together...ever? It's never ever happened in the history of the NFL. Ever.

Well, next year is #5 for Burrow and Zac, and also past the mid-point for a typical Bengals QB career.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - rfaulk34 - 12-24-2023, 01:21 PM