Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(12-24-2023, 11:46 AM)Bengal Billy Wrote: 2021 was indeed a killer. Rams targeted Eli Apple and Mike Hilton in coverage on their last drive which they should have and it paid off for them. Killer "phantom" penalty on Wilson near the end zone as well.  Bengals oh so close and needed a stop but couldn't get it done. 

2022 IMO was the true SB year for the Bengals though. Man, they were really good and on a tear through the league the entire second half of last season.
What took it down was the critical O-line injuries at the end of last season and first week of the playoffs. 
Losing Collins, Cappa, Williams just before the playoff run was a killer blow. Before that, the O-line had begun to gel and they were really good in the second half of the season. 
Even with that, Cincy still came oh-so-close to winning another AFC championship game in Arrowhead.

2023 just isn't the year. Too many young/development guys in the secondary due to losing Bates/Bell/Apple. CTB going down, Burrow only healthy/available for 5 games this year. Just isn't in the cards.

I gotta believe the secondary will be better next year and moving forward. Gotta believe in that.  Even Jonathan Joseph/Leon Hall weren't super studs in their first year IMO. 

We'll see though. 

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it. This season had bad vibes from the jump. Agree with all of the rest too, good post.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-24-2023, 02:52 PM