Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(12-24-2023, 01:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think anyone would classify me as a negative nancy or a guy who always claims the sky is falling. WTS, so far, this is nothing different than Bengals fans have been seeing for decades. The team gets a QB/HC that gets them to the playoffs, even to a SB every few decades, but can't finish the job.

So far what has happened with Burrow is absolutely no different than what happened with any other Bengals QB. He came in with a lot of hype, like Palmer and so far he's missed 6+ games in 2 of his 4 seasons, never had a healthy TC and made it to and lost a SB. His career is falling right in line with how the typical 'good qb' story goes for the Bengals. Lots of promise, falls just short, unfulfilled potential, what could have been. 

Could it change this time? Sure, the future hasn't happened yet. Will it? I don't know. It's following the exact same path as many who came before him. 

And just to make your day even better...remember my thread about how if a HC/QB combo doesn't win a SB within their first 5 years together, they don't win one together...ever? It's never ever happened in the history of the NFL. Ever.

Well, next year is #5 for Burrow and Zac, and also past the mid-point for a typical Bengals QB career.

That's the 64 $$$ question. 

I sure hope so !! But I must confess, one eyebrow is up!! We have to get these no training camp/injury to JB seasons behind us. If we're ever gonna ram it all the way home we're going to have to put these slow starts to the season behind us, IMHO.

I hate to be that guy saying "I told you so" But I've said a little and always been feeling to myself the Jake Browning train was going to come to a screeching halt at some point. It was fun while it lasted though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - bengalfan74 - 12-24-2023, 04:00 PM