Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(12-27-2023, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I too am over this season.
That's naturally going to happen when your QB is injured for so much of it.
It is nice to see the OL finally gelling though, and I do think it's possible that Jonah is retained when all is said and done.

While some might knock Jonah for allowing 8 sacks this season, he's only allowed 36 total pressures.
Compare that to the guy that replaced him in OBJ, who has only been tagged with 5 sacks but 56 total pressures allowed(!!!!)

And with Volson's recent performance, he's close to Cappa in regards to sacks and total pressures allowed now (4-35 for Volson, 4-31 for Cappa).
Karras doing very well only allowing 20 total pressures.

With Reader continually injured and about to hit FA, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Jonah on a multi-year deal to cover RT while looking at the draft for a new NT and WR to (eventually?) take over as starters.
Re-sign Hudson as well as a stopgap TE if anything and see if any worthy TE falls to the Bengals in the draft at that position as well.

The only thing I disagree with is keeping Jonah over Reader. I would look for a new RT in FA and draft Reader's eventual replacement, if there is one in this draft.
I am just done with Williams, he has no athleticism and gets overpowered to easily. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - sandwedge - 12-27-2023, 01:48 PM