Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North.
(12-27-2023, 12:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve thought that too but couldn’t put a finger on it. I think they were over confident. The team and coaches. Not in a cocky way but more just matter of fact “we’ve got this” But I’m not ready to go as far as Shake n BLake about the division. The Ravens have improved their roster better than us and Monken has helped a ton. Stefanski maybe has done the best job but they are all about the trenches. So looking at our games in the division the Browns first game is no indicator with Joe hobbled. The first Ravens game Joe was hobbled we barely lost. The second Raven’s game we took the lead when Joe got hurt 10-7. The second Steelers game was bad especially the defense. To me it’s all about the OL. We can’t run the freaking ball.

I just wonder why we struggle so mightily vs the division, but despite our issues and injuries, we're cruising vs everyone else.

8-2 vs non-division
99.0 passer rating for Joe and Jake, with 18 TD's to 8 INT's
87.9 rush yards per game with 10 TD's in 10 games
110.2 rush yards allowed with 10 TD's in 10 games
Our offense averages 25.0 ppg
Our defense allows 21.0 ppg

0-5 vs division
77.0 passer rating for Joe and Jake, with 5 TD's to 5 INT's
72.2 rush yards per game with 0 TD's in 5 games
161.4 rush yards allowed with 7 TD's in 5 games
Our offense averages 13.6 ppg
Our defense allows 27.0 ppg

Whatever problems we do have are heavily magnified in this division. We're actually passing really well outside of the division, and our run game is punching the ball into the EZ at least. Inside the division, our pass game and run game have both been stonewalled, and they've all been running the ball down our throat. AFCN football.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North. - Shake n Blake - 12-27-2023, 06:53 PM