Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North.
(12-27-2023, 08:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Why we struggled this year? I pointed it out earlier. Don’t be consumed with the stats. We aren’t built like the other 3. But we haven’t. They don’t match up with us. The first game (Pitt) Joe was what 65% ? Throw that out. The second game the Raven’s barely beat us. Joe was what 75%? The next game Pitt beat Jake Browning 16-10. The next game vs Ravens we lead 10-7 Joe goes down. Jake takes on Pitt we have our big whiff. This team is not a grind it out in the run game team. It’s lead by Joe on a quick accurate and passing game augmented by receivers that are pure mismatches. But saying it’s failed isn’t accurate. In 21-22 we were 7-6. We won the division back to back. We’ve got some trench issues. We need to be more successful in the run game plain and simple.

We don't have Joe and we can't run or stop the run. Like I said, these are magnified in the AFCN. Do we really disagree all that much, here?

Fwiw, Browning has been great outside the division and terrible in the division, and I'm not sure "no Joe" explains that. Other than the defenses are better.

Joe was also better outside of the division, himself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North. - Shake n Blake - 12-27-2023, 11:51 PM