Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou speaks on the state of the defense
(12-28-2023, 11:45 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I wonder if everyone is in the ideal role for their skill set back there.  I feel like there really isn't a true FS in the group.  There's definitely not one that can play centerfield like Bates did, but that's the case on a lot of teams.  I feel like Dax would be a pretty excellent replacement for Bell.  Maybe even Hilton eventually.  I'm just jot sure he's rangy or smart enough to man single high alone.  The smarts can come later, but the range likely will not.

I'm not indicting anyone, either.  Lou is using the guys he has.  A great FS isn't walking through the door any time soon.  He knew this was coming.  It's real easy to say that he should have planned for it, but replacing near elite talent like Bates isn't as simple as moving some guys around and drafting some guys.  The prospects have to pan out, and even if they do it takes time.  Bates wasn't current Bates straight out of Wake Forest.

We've all had our eyes on the offensive attrition that would come with the Burrow deal and eventually the Chase deal.  Now we see the other problems that come about with losing major talent.  The offense is due some early picks in 2024, but in reality, this team needs at least a FS and one, maybe 2 DTs.

Solid remarks. Especially about Bates was not Bates straight out of Wake Forest. Not so sure Lou didn’t contribute a lot to his progression. What this team really needs is to have some draft picks pan out or elevate. It’d be great if Yoshi and Charlie Jones could replace Tee and Tyler. It’d be great if Chase Brown would replace Joe Mixon and find a bigger back for power running and third down blocking. It’d be great if Zach Carter came through for Reader ( boy that’s a dream). If we had all that salary cap room we could get a great OT for Jonah. We could get a great DT & safety in FA.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou speaks on the state of the defense - Soonerpeace - 12-28-2023, 11:59 AM