Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(12-28-2023, 03:58 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It might not be this bad, but a healthy Burrow only led us to a 7-5 record in the division the past 2 seasons. 7-4 if we consider him banged up for week 1 Steelers game last year (he was clearly off, like you've said). 

In those two years, the Ravens had pretty severe injury issues both times we met them the 2nd time round (the 525-yard game, I think guys from this forum were in the Ravens secondary! They were on 3rd string QB in Week 18 last season). We could've won those games in any case (beat them the next week in the playoffs after all), but I don't think we met the Ravens best on either occasion.   

I dunno man, I just think the way we are built is bad for how the AFCN plays. I think even if Burrow is healthy we'll on average get 3-4 division wins. Which granted would've been more than enough this year!

Yeah, 7-4 with a healthy Burrow is about right, week 1 against the stealers was maybe his worst game ever and I expect it was because of 
the appendectomy. True on the Ravens being decimated those times. I think if we gameplan better and go under Center more and execute 
we can win in our Division. Our Defense needs to improve at DT big time and with our pass rush besides Trey.

I don't think Logan and Pratt just forgot how to play football and I also don't think this Secondary will be bad forever with all this youth.

Even this year, we are still in it which is pretty crazy being 0-5 in the best Division in football. I like that Zac shown he can win without Joe.

If we can get into the Playoffs without Joe it would be a huge boost for our entire organization and fan base. Anything can happen once 
you get in and if you are playing your best ball at that time that is all you want.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-28-2023, 04:09 PM