Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou speaks on the state of the defense
(12-28-2023, 01:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The scheme among those problems. Even with all the guys here last year they were still the 16th overall defense, the only time they've been above-average in it for 5 years with Lou and that's the literal minimum they could be while not being below average. Even the SB year they were below average in both yards allowed and points allowed.

I'm a big fan of the scheme. I remember discussing Lou and the defense in 2020 mentioning that I like the stuff the were doing in coverage but the practice squad DL could not stop the run or rush the passer. Nothing has really changed Im still a fan of the scheme. The DL play has been better since 2020 but outside of 2021 (Larry O was a big part of that rotation) they are still bottom half of the league in pressuring the QB in a passing league... now in 2023 they can't even stop the run plus we are seeing he growing pains of young players.

The scouting, drafting, and developing of the DL has been the biggest defensive disappointment.

Rennell Wren

Khaled Kareem

Joseph Ossai
Cam Sample
Tyler Shelvin
Wyatt Hubert

Zach Carter
Jeffery Gunter

8 total DL draft picks (not counting rookie year Myles Murphy) and not a single one has even looked competent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou speaks on the state of the defense - Synric - 12-28-2023, 08:04 PM