Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump Banned from MAINE's ballot
(12-29-2023, 03:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am by no means a historian or constitutional scholar.

I have read the text of the 14th amendment. And for the most part I understand the English language. But I really don't get some of these arguments.

From the article you linked.

"The criticism wasn't just along normal partisan lines, though. Rep. Jared Golden, a Democrat who represents Maine's 2nd congressional district that Trump won in 2020, noted on X that he'd voted to impeach Trump for the Jan. 6 attack and doesn't believe he should win next year's election.

“However, we are a nation of laws, and therefore until he is actually found guilty of the crime of insurrection, he should be allowed on the ballot,” Golden wrote."

Does anybody know what charges confederate traitor Jefferson Davis found guilty on? And they wrote the 14th.3 amendment for people like him.

It's politics, man, and that makes zero sense b/c this is clearly a CIVIL matter.  14A3a clearly says, "ENGAGED not CONVICTION," and he knows this.....BUT.....  Like Joe Manchin, this guy is walking a tightrope in an R district but will still vote for him for whatever reason as long as he still relates to them.  He knows there is no benefit for him to get any more involved.   Many Rs in Congress have become spineless and disavowed the Constitution to the Trump cult.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Banned from MAINE's ballot - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 12-29-2023, 04:03 AM