Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh, root for Ravens over Phins ....
(12-29-2023, 03:43 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Winning beats losing.  Of course I'd like to see the Bengals kick the crap out of KC on national TV.  That would ease the pain of this dreadful season.  

(12-29-2023, 03:45 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'd rather we get in than don't. And I also think if we get in, we'll have a shot at winning in the wildcard round. It'd likely be the Chiefs or Dolphins we'd play. If we get in, we'll have already very recently beat the Chiefs. The Dolphins I think are not as good as their record (lot of bad teams they've beaten up on really).

A playoff win with the way our season has been would be an incredible achievement. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's certainly not a no-chancer. 

(12-29-2023, 03:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, the Bengals have already won enough games that they aren't picking at the top of the draft. Let's get the winning record,, make the post season, and hope for a playoff win streak.

(12-29-2023, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, what a boost to the morale of all the players who have been working their asses off all season long.

(12-29-2023, 04:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes. If you can make it, make it.

It's only once it's clearly not going to happen that I might start thinking about how a 5th overall pick is better than a 12th overall pick (but even then F the Steelers, beat 'em)... but yeah, if you have an actual real chance at making it, try to make it.

(12-29-2023, 04:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I just made this point in another thread.  If Miami beats Baltimore, Cleveland has a shot at the #1 seed in the AFC when they play us.  The only way Cleveland rests their starters is if Baltimore beats Miami

(12-29-2023, 04:24 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I have rooted for the Bengals as long as I can remember.  I have seen enough losing over those years that I never want to see them lose.   I understand why you want a better draft position, but we have had the #1 pick a few times and that didn't work out well either.  I'll take a win over draft any day.  

To all of you:

I get it and I could never root against us. Even in the past, when things like this have come up (what was that year with Ellis and Dorsey where we could have had one of them if we lost a game or two more?), I've never been able to root against us.

I'm always going to cheer for us to win, even though it would be a bummer with (likely) no home playoff games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ugh, root for Ravens over Phins .... - BFritz21 - 12-29-2023, 05:17 PM