Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou speaks on the state of the defense
(12-29-2023, 08:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It wouldn't. Higgins isn't a veteran contractually speaking, he's still on a rookie contract. 

I've never said the Bengals should keep Higgins, but I am railing against the idea that we have a ton of expensive offensive guys, and really not agreeing with the idea that we strip cap space away from the offense and send it to the defense. We have a franchise QB who needs to continue to be supported, any money saved from moving on from Jonah, Boyd, etc, needs to be put back into the offense. We need 2 OL, 1 veteran WR (a Boyd/Juju level guy), 1 rookie WR, at LEAST 1 TE, 1-2 RBs. You can't just get all of that in the draft, and even if you could you can't just saddle Burrow with a 1/2 rookie offense. It would be and offense of Burrow, Chase, 3 OL, and a bunch of schmucks.

Agreed, so the plan for defense is just hope a starting capable star NT falls to us in rounds 2-4 and allow the other young guys to keep developing.  On offense, we need to keep one of the premier QBs in the league stocked with top notch talent (just to keep him in that top talent qualifier) and just hope the defense can hold it together with new guys and spare parts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou speaks on the state of the defense - SunsetBengal - 12-29-2023, 08:19 PM