Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou speaks on the state of the defense
(12-29-2023, 08:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean you can call it spare parts, but the 2024 defense already has 3 paid DL, 2 paid LBs, 1 paid DB... and then the last 2 drafts they've added 2 2nd round CBs, 1 1st round S, 1 3rd round S... plus 1 1st round DL and 1 3rd round DL as backups.

Lou just needs to get his shit together with the guys he has at some point in time because they have already paid a lot of guys and spent a ton of high draft picks on more guys for him.

- - - - - -

Burrow doesn't need top notch talent, but we DO need at least a mediocre starting caliber cast of talent around him.

We need a starting caliber TE (we have none now and 0 TEs under contract in 2024).
Our current #2 WR for 2024 has 80 career receiving yards at 8.0 yards per catch.
Our current #3 WR for 2024 has 15 career receiving yards at 3.8 yards per catch.
We have no #4 WR under contract for 2024.
Our current starting RT for 2024 is Jackson Carman.
Our current starting RB for 2024 has been under 4.0ypc each of the last two years and three of the last four years.
Volson still just isn't doing it for me at LG.

That's not asking for top notch talent, that's just recognizing that as things stand right now our offense is terrible in 2024, and we can't afford to just neglect it in favor of giving even MORE paid veterans and even MORE high draft picks on the defense that already has a lot of both and is just simply underperforming.

So, are you saying that they should spend the money to keep Tee Higgins and shop free agency for a RT better than Williams?  Or should they just rely on high picks in the draft?  If they go the first option, you can bet that both of those deals will be in the top 10% of NFL contracts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou speaks on the state of the defense - SunsetBengal - 12-29-2023, 08:47 PM