Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best football you’ve seen play?
(12-23-2023, 11:37 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I wasn't born yet to watch Bo Jackson but his stats are not very good. My opinion doesn't hold much weight as I didn't get to see him play but seems to be more hype than production.  He had 2 seasons under 600 rushing yards and never eclipsed 1K in a season in a rushing league...

I was 10 years old when Bo had his career ending injury and wasn't even into football yet. That said, I know Bo never played full seasons because he also played baseball (he averaged 9.5 games per season), and he also split time with Hall of Famer Marcus Allen.

Both of those greatly hurt his bulk stats. That said, he was extremely explosive and a pretty large RB. His size speed combo is very rare.

He averaged 5.4 ypc for his career in a time where 4.0 ypc was good. He also led the league in longest carry in 3 of the 4 years he played, despite averaging only 129 carries per season.

The guy was absolutely an incredible athlete and worthy of the hype. That said, he's also one of the biggest "what if's", unfortunately.

I'd love to know how his career would've turned out if he wasn't in a time share with another legend, never played baseball and never got that hip injury.

Either way, he was a great one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the best football you’ve seen play? - Shake n Blake - 12-30-2023, 04:34 AM