Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For 2024: A New Identity on Offense?
(01-01-2024, 11:12 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, I know my postseason Monday morning quarterbacking is starting a week early but this up and down season is still fresh in my mind. Right now, at least as I see it, the Cincinnati Bengals need to develop a more recognizable offensive identity in the offseason. Right now it looks like Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan are trying the strategy of “throw jello at the wall and see what sticks” with respect to play calling and play design.

A strategic decision must be made before free agency opens and the Draft is upon us. Moving forward in 2024 and beyond is going to take some serious strategic planning. The first question should revolve around the offense: Do the Bengals go Air Raid, Smashmouth, or something else? Air Raid worked nicely against the NFC West (4-0) but fared badly against the rest of the AFC North (0-4 or 1-3).

(I’m well aware the terms “Air Raid” and “Smashmouth” mean different things to different people. If anyone has better terminology please feel free to share.)

Tony Romo yesterday “ I am so impressed with Zac Taylor and what they have done after their start. The first couple of years very rough and they were possibly talking about his job…. He’s shown how special he is. He’s one of the best coaches in the NFL, Jim, and he’s shown it week in and week out. They are just so fundamentally sound they make it difficult on defenses they adjust with the team they have out on the field every week . Nantz “ he’s fundamentally sound. Talk about a guy with no ego and has his act together
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For 2024: A New Identity on Offense? - Soonerpeace - 01-01-2024, 12:15 PM